Thursday, July 17, 2008

Socks and Jazz; an unlikely pair



Tomorrow is the start of the annual Beaches Jazz fest, and in celebration, the Naked Sheep is having a SALE! It will begin tomorrow and run for the duration of the festival, and it works like this...

for every $100 (before tax) you spend, you save %10!
for every $200(before tax) you spend you save %20!

...you get the idea there. You will also be able to get an extra 10% off of all sale items. That means everything in our sale bins is %35 off, and all the other sale items scattered around the store will now be %40 off!
Sale does not apply to lessons, needles or gadgets, but it does apply to the lovely assortment of Lexie Barnes bags in the store!
There's lots of opportunity to save at our Jazzy Jazz Fest sale, so come over and check it out.

I am very proud to share with you a completed Swallowtail shawl from June's KAL. Mary-Anne (on the right, with fellow lace enthusiast Kathryn) knit this in Kureyon Sock, and it looks fantastic! As her first venture into lace knitting It think she did a great job!



In further news, I am on the heel of my second Ocean Toe, and they are looking awesome! I'm very happy with this pattern/yarn combo. My hand dyed casbah sock yarn provides perfect colour distribution, accenting the zig-zag affect on the leg of this sock, while maintaining a hand-made look. These are also very comfortable socks, they fit great and have a nice smoosh to them. Here's a pic...




For my next pair of socks, I am torn between knitting Pomatomus, or Embossed Leaves from Interweave's Favourite Socks book. I'll have to make up my mind soon, because my Ocean Toes are nearly finished! Any decision making help would be appreciated.

No comments: