Friday, June 6, 2008

A Lace confession...

So, I realise that June is lace month here at the Naked Sheep knitting club, so I've decided to give you all a little confession... I don't really like knitting lace!  (gasp!)  It's not that I can't do it, and I LOVE the way it looks when it's finished and all blocked up, but to be honest, I do 80% of my knitting while watching TV, and I just can't concentrate on the lace!  It's a lame excuse, I know, and really, since I love the way lace looks so much, I should just suck it up, and buy a few audiobooks or something.  

So, my choice for the June project is going to be a Swallowtail shawl.  However, I'm in the middle of a move right now, and ALL MY YARN (and needles!)  is packed, so I won't be casting on for a few days.  I'm going to make it out of Cascade 220, a worsted weight yarn, so that the shawl will (hopefully) be HUGE!  I'm picturing this shawl, completed, and hanging off the back of the loveseat in my living room.  

And just so you're all not left photo-less like this, here's a photo of the cardigan I recently completed!  It's made with Noro Silk Garden, and Cascade 220, and the pattern is the Retropolitan Sweater from Son of Stitch and Bitch... not just a book for guys! 
DSC01466.JPG
It's so soft, and lovely, I practically live in it these days! So, chances are good that if you come into the store, I'll be wearing it!
(it is, by the way, a perfect TV knitting project! I knit it while watching Buffy - season 5!)

No comments: