Friday, June 13, 2008

Lace Month Continued...



As the half-way point in June approaches, the time for our first Summer Knitting Club meeting approaches along with it. I hope that everyone is enjoying their projects (I certainly am!)
The meeting is scheduled for next Thursday Evening at the Store (2144 A Queen East) which is the 19th of June. We'll plan to start at 7:00 pm, and likely go until around 9:00. Even if you are not a member of the club, feel free to bring your knitting by and have a look at everyone's lace!

By now, I have knit all of the projects for June, so I'll be there to help anyone who's having trouble with their projects; watch out for NUPPS in the Swallowtail!

...And here's a quick update on my project...

Advanced: My Laminaria is coming along quite nicely! I am making the larger size, and it will be the biggest lace project that I have taken on to date. Currently, I am about half way through the blossom chart, and still on my first skein of Malabrigo Lace (hard to believe that I will need 3!). The only problem that I have encountered thus far is my own laziness; I tend to forget yarnovers. My solution to this problem is to look over every one of my lace rows, and count the yarnovers before I purl back. So far, this system has worked like an insurance policy, as long as I remember to count, the yarnovers are always in the right place!


I also have to mention that the yarn I am using is wonderful! Once the skein is unwound it swells up (a little but like those toys that grow when you put them into water...but without the water) Honestly. The picture at the top of this post is in focus, but the yarn is just so fluffy, soft and delicate that it looks all blurry. I am really enjoying using Malabrigo lace and would recommend it highly for any lace project!




No comments: