Thursday, January 21, 2010

My Girl Jay's 2010 Sweater!

Since I've been a "serious knitter", I've knit a sweater for each of my two daughters each year. Last year they didn't get one because I was so super duper busy and I didn't hear the end of it! This year I knit them each a sweater and I finally got around to taking a picture of Jay wearing hers.



Introducing Jay's 2010 sweater, (btw I have no idea what that white spot is):








I used Wendy Bernard's Drive Thru sweater, which is pretty much an Elizabeth Zimmermand Percentage System design. I used the Fibre Company's Organik in a burgandy/deep wine colour and the Fibre Company Kroma yarn. I knit 10 rows for each stripe, knit a seed stitch border and button bands, the sleeve cuffs are knit in 1x1 rib, as Jay likes her sweaters to be close fitting and the sleeves even tighter.



She wanted me to take a picture of how she has been wearing the sweater, with her hockey rep vest! Jay is super proud of this sweater and tells everyone that her mom knit it for her!

I have been knitting for a long time and I have to say that this is the best sweater I've knit to date.

There are no errors that I just overlooked, the fit is prefect, the length of the sleeves are grand, the button band doesn't pucker, the buttons are on just right and I am so happy with it!



Thankfully Jay is happy as well!




No comments: