Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Mara!!

In the spring I ordered some Freedom Spirit yarn in about 15 variegated colourways and when the shipment of this yarn arrived, I was a little disappointed. All the colours looked similar and it is very hard to make the balls look appealing together on the shelves...

The yarn has just sat there, and sat there some more so I thought I sample was needed. Plus, I wanted to see for myself how this yarn knit up. I went through pages of patterns in Ravelry and finally decided on Mara, from Madelinetosh - a free pattern BTW. I cast on, knit a few rows and instantly FELL IN LOVE!

This yarn is freaking fantastic.....So much so, that I was loyal to this shawl until the end....It feels so good to knit with the yarn, the shawl is awesome and can be worn so many ways:





I knit this shawl with 6 balls on 5mm needles. Each ball is $5.95.. You can knit a shawl for yourself or a gift for about $36.

No comments: