Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Ashford Joy For Sale! SOLD!!!!

I bought my Ashford Joy Single Treadle Spinning Wheel a few years back and have used it a hand full of times. I keep it around because I think I learn to spin, and then decide to knit shop samples instead, so I would like it to go to a good home.

The wheel is portable and has three bobbins. Price: $450.00. SOLD
From Ashford's Website

Ready to go- portable- 4 ratios- assembled and lacquered- carry bag accessory.
This compact wheel is light weight (5kg/11lb) and portable with folding treadle, built-in lazy kate and carry handle. Fold and go – it can be carried easily in cars, as carry-on luggage in planes (check with your airline first as this varies from aircraft to aircraft) and takes up little space at home. Spin a variety of yarns using the four ratios.

The stretchy drive cord does not require any adjustment as you change from one ratio to another and always maintains the correct tension. Treadling is easy with the weighted wheel and ball bearings. The wheel comes assembled and lacquered, ready for spinning. specificationsWheel diameter 40cm (15½ins)Orifice 10mm (⅜in)Bobbin capacity 130gm (4-5ozs)Ratios 6, 8, 11, 14Weight 5kg (11lbs)Timber Lacquered plywoodSize when folded 64 x 40 x 14cm (25 x 15¾ x 9½ins)Included accessories:Built-in lazy kate, 3 x 90mm bobbins, and Threading hook.

2 comments:

Mary Keenan said...

Me, me! I've left a message on the store voice mail - hope I'm first!

Brandy C McCoy said...

this looks awesome