Saturday, February 6, 2010

New Sample Alert! Wurm Hat!

This is one awesome hat, I totally love it! I used two balls of Rowan's Purelife Organic wool, dyed with plant colouring. It all sounds great, right? WRONG. The yarn is great to knit with, the stitch definition is awesome, isn't itchy at all and I guess you are wondering why I answered wrong?

Take a look at my hands:




The only colour in the 8 colours this yarn comes in and my favourite by far, comes off on your hands. Other customers have knit with the other colours and this doesn't happen.

However, it does look pretty darn good, if I do say so myself. The only mod to the WURM hat I made, was to knit 9 purl rounds instead of 10 as I would have had to crack into the 3rd ball of yarn, and frankly I couldn't bear to continue to look at my hands.


1 comment:

Laura said...

It looks great on you! I made a Wurm for my sister and have another on my list for me! I almost couldn't let it go...