Sunday, May 24, 2009

Winter time lace?

I know the weather is just warming up and everything, but you can't blame a girl for thinking ahead...

...take a look at my latest WIP...

DSC00614


If you feel like you've seen this pattern before, you have, it is the Modern Leaf Lace Wrap by Kate Atherly. We have a sample in the store knit in the lovely Estelle Arequipa (an alpaca blend sock yarn). Arequipa is $17.99/skein, and Kate used just one for this lovely little sample, which was knit on 4mm needles.

DSC00623

I'm knitting my version in Classic Elite Princess, a delicious blend of wool, angora and some other good stuff; I like to think of it as a fiber medly. I am going to be using 5 balls of Princess, which is $12.99/ball, and I'm using 5.5mm needles. Because Princess is a worsted weight yarn, my version is going to be a bit bigger than Kate's origional, hooray a cozy winter scaft is born!

DSC00616


This lace is simple and very fun to knit, its great for a beginner lace knitter. If you are still a bit nervous about knitting lace, we've got your back; Kate will be teaching a two week class on this pattern in June. It will be running Thursdays June 18th and 25th from 6:30 to 8:30 pm and will cost $50. Now you have no excuses! If you're just not in the mood for a winter scarf (which we totally understand...I'm a bit extreme) this pattern would look fantastic in a wide variety of fibers and weights, go wild!

DSC00619

So be sure to come by the store to check out mine and Kate's versions of the Modern Leaf Lace Wrap, and just maybe create your very own!

No comments: