Friday, August 13, 2010

Is Lisa Crochet Crazy?

Oh you betcha - I am on the crochet crazy train and I am LOVING IT!!!!! I had so many little balls of Debbie Bliss Baby Cashmerino left from Jay's giant granny square blanket that I just had, just had to crochet a matching pillow case for her.

If I am not too careful though, I might turn her room into a one big crochet fiesta. How cool does that sound, hhmmm???

Here is the pillow I am going to cover (which BTW, I think there is another one somewhere in my house and the moment I find it, it will be covered in larger granny squares!)


Here is the current state of the pillow - one more row to go and a tonne of little balls left over...Just waiting to be made into another pillow:

Close ups...I am trying to become a better photographer and really, like everything I have read, daylight, outside is really helpful...Go figure. Plus I am trying to understand what each of the less used functions of my camera are all about. So bear with me, there are a lot of photos. Such fun!




The last nine circles waiting oh so patiently to become little granny squares:


Although it is a pretty quick project, the 2nd piece will be one granny square in the deep orange colour - faster, only two ends to weave in and then it will be single crocheted together. Oh my goodness, I don't even want to talk about the ends. There are two colours for each little square, there are 81 little squares and three ends for each square. One for the beginning, one for the end, the third are the two ends I knotted before starting the 2nd colour.

That means I weaved in 243 ends on one side of the pillow alone. I don't even want to know how many ends I had to weave in for the blanket. OMG....Insane? Crazy?


Loving my daughter so much that I don't mind? Frankly, I don't want to even think about it anymore. The ends are done, well except for the last nine squares that I need complete the first side.
Can't wait to start the 2nd side - two ends, one colour, one large granny square. Easy.







No comments: