Friday, August 28, 2009

Another Clapotis

Yes my friends, I have knit yet another one, I think this last one brings my total of 5 knit to date. I can't seem to help myself, they are easy, look awesome and can be knit in any yarn. What more can you ask for in a fab knit? Nothing, I say!

DSC00920

I knit this one, using one skein of Classic Elite Alpaca Sox on 3.5mm needles. This yarn is so nice to knit with that a pair of socks (for me!) will be in the works shortly.

DSC00918

Because I wanted to use just one skein of this lovely yarn, I knit 4 increase rows and 17 straights. I might have been able to knit either one more increase row or at least two more straight rows to use up the whole skein. However, I didn't want to chance it.

At the shop, we try not to knit just socks with our sock yarn collection. We want to showcase other knits you can make using fab sock yarn. Here is another great idea:


This is called a Kicking Bag and is used on newborns to say about 6 months. It prevents the baby from kicking off blankets and new parents from worrying about babies getting cold. In this version I used two balls of Regia and is a free pattern on Ravelry. Here is the link.

No comments: